The City of Sweeny is striving to make this web site, www.sweenytx.gov, as accessible as possible for the disabled. To report any problems in usage of this site or any other accessibility issues, please contact us. The Relay Texas site provides assistance regarding use of TDD equipment.
The City is currently working to ensure this web site meets with the following accessibility standards:
- W3C Compliance
- Section 508 Compliance
- Bobby Level 1 Compliance
- Compatibility for Users with Color Blindness
When each level of certification is met, it will be announced on our home page.
VALIDATION & VALIDATION METHODS
The accessibility of the pages of this web site are validated using several methods. First, the pages are validated using the accessibility option in WordPress, the authoring software of this web site. Secondly, it is reviewed for clarity, spelling, and grammar by our webmaster. Lastly, it is validated by numerous accessibility tools on the Internet.
EXPLANATION OF WEB CONTENT & ELEMENTS
- HYPERLINKS — the hyperlinks in this web site are not underlined as in most web sites. Instead, he text is decorated with orange lettering and is automatically underlined when the cursor hovers over the hyperlink.
- CASCADING STYLE SHEETS (CSS) — this web site was developed using Cascading Style Sheets. Cascading Style Sheets is a simple programming mechanism for adding style elements (e.g. fonts, colors, spacing) to web pages. Since style sheets are no longer a new feature for web developers, today’s older browsers will likely support them. CSS is implemented in several browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Mozilla, and Opera. We recommend updating your browser if text, images, or formats of this site are distorted. This web site has been tested for use without CSS, and although our site looks very different without it, it will sill function the same.
For more information regarding web site accessibility, please visit any of the web sites listed below:
- ADA Home Page
- A Guide to Disability Rights Laws (ADA)
- Texas Governor’s Committee on People with Disabilities
REPORT A PROBLEM WITH ACCESSIBILITY
To report a problem with the accessibility of this web site or a specific page within this web site, please send an e-mail to our webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (979) 548-3112 during normal business hours (Central Time Zone of the United States).