Parks & Recreation
Sweeny has a number of parks and recreational outdoor activities to enjoy.
- Backyard Park
- A.M. “Chick” Anderson Park (AKA Gazebo Park)
- Martin Luther King Park
- Exa Mae Keller Park (formerly Compost Park)
- Splash Pad (Open Monday after Pride Day and closes first weekend in October)
- Senior Building (senior citizens lunch, games, fellowship)
- Backyard Park Walking Trail
- TJT Memorial Walking Trail (MLK Park)
- Bike Trail (TxDOT)
- Veterans’ Memorial
- Carver Alumni School Memorial
- Lady Civic (Civic Club donation, after 100 years of service to Sweeny disbanded, purchased Lady Civic as last act for the City).
Please enjoy our parks by obeying and respecting our posted rules. This ensures all visitors can enjoy the parks equally. The following rules apply at all city parks:
- Parks are closed from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Unlawful firearms are not permitted.
- Do not use equipment improperly.
- No bare feet; use proper footwear.
- Adult supervision is requested.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No glass containers.
- No disturbing the peace. No loud music. No Profanity.
- All pets must be on a leash. Please clean up after your pet.
- The city is not responsible for accidents.
- Violators may be prosecuted for violations of these rules.