The Sweeny Community Center can accommodate a maximum of 573 people. The building itself is 4,000 square feet and includes a men’s and women’s restroom, full kitchen, and stage. There are 15 60″ round tables, 33 8′ rectangle tables (30″ wide), 6 serpentine tables, and 300 chairs available on location for use.
205 W. Ashley Wilson Road
Yes — required. See application and checklist below.
8:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. (Midnight)
There are fees associated with the use of the Community Center. See list below:
- $325.00 — Daily Rental Fee (Individual or Company)
- $200.00 — Daily Rental Fee (Non-Profit or Church — must show proof)
- $500.00 — Damage Deposit
Security is only required if alcohol is present and/or being served. See below for additional details:
- (2) Texas Peace Officers (licensed by TCOLE and commissioned) must be present for the duration of the event
- City Hall must have officer credentials before the event date
- $30/hour for a minimum of 4 hours paid to each officer ($120.00 minimum per officer)
- Officers have absolute discretion to shut down the event for drunkenness, out of control, dangerous, or unruly behavior
For questions or comments, please contact City Hall at (979) 548-3321 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.